CPSDA Statement of Purpose
The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association (CPSDA) represents the vast majority of advanced practice registered dietitians in the United States who work full-time with athletes in colleges, professional sports, Olympic training centers, the U.S. Military and in law enforcement. CPSDA’s member-driven national not-for-profit organization speaks with one voice on behalf of America’s leading sports dietitians and is founded on the fundamental “food first” principle that “whole foods are the best fuel,” and that athletic programs operating at every level of competition will best serve their athletes when employing the full-time services of a sports dietitian.
CPSDA is dedicated to providing continuing education programs to keep sports dietitians apprised of new developments in the rapidly-evolving global food and dietary supplement supply; developing new education programs to prepare associate and student CPSDA members to become sports dietitians; and to partner with education-based organizations to restore and advance the firm belief that a varied balance of healthy whole foods is the optimal method of fueling athletic performance.
Quantifying these contributions and conveying findings to key decision-makers in athletic programs throughout the U.S. is one of the primary reasons CPSDA was formed, along with our commitment to mentor the next generation of sports dietitians.
Quantifying Contributions Made by Sports Dietitians
The Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association is a member-driven national not-for-profit organization chartered in 2010 and led by nine Board of Directors who execute and manage organizational goals through specific roles and responsibilities.
CPSDA’s vision is to position nutrition as an essential element to optimizing human performance.
CPSDA leads the way in applied performance nutrition, advocates for the advancement of performance nutrition infrastructure, drives job growth and provides members with tools to support their full career development.
CPSDA members are performance nutrition professionals who:
- help enhance the performance of athletes
- aid in recovery after exercise
- direct food and dietary supplement cost-containment programs
- play an active role in the recruiting process
- We are support service directors who treat everyone with respect and promote the value of character and education.
- We are ethical advisors who track outcome-based research, maintain transparency in our professional relationships and fully support anti-doping initiatives.
- We are passionate about the character-building process cultivated by athletics, and as a result, we are valuable recruiting assets for our organization.
- We are unrelenting “food-first” advocates to help ensure athletes’ health and safety. We develop partnerships with other safety-driven organizations to ensure fueling solutions are sustainable.
- We are credible practitioners who stay ahead of the curve on banned substances, performance and recovery topics, and on body composition assessment.
- We are committed to mentoring athletes and sharing insights and educational resources.
- We are dedicated to community outreach with young people who represent the next generation of college, Olympic, professional and tactical (military) athletes
Download the CPSDA ByLaws
Contact Sarah Markey, Director of Operations at [email protected]