The Muscle Milk “Athlete of the Year” Award recognizes one male and one female collegiate, Olympic, professional or tactical (military, police or fire) athlete whose athletic accomplishments, in the opinion of the sports dietitian, reflect dedication to sports nutrition. The two nominating sports dietitians whose athletes are selected will be recognized at the CPSDA’s 10th Annual Conference Awards Banquet in Indianapolis, Indiana.
CPSDA members can nominate one or more athletes who represent the very best of performance nutrition:
- Used sports nutrition to help overcome a health or performance hurdle.
- Taught you nearly as much as they learned from you.
- Inspired how you deliver sports nutrition to benefit others.
- Impacted the sports nutrition culture of those around them.
- Used sports nutrition as a turning point to meet performance goals.
- Made a simple change (eating breakfast regularly, carrying a water bottle, improving sleep patterns) that resulted in improved performance.
- Used a food-first approach while learning to wisely choose third-party tested dietary supplements.
The nomination period for the 2018 Athlete of Year Award is open until Friday, February 9, 2018.
CPSDA awards two $1,500 scholarships applied for the 2018-2019 academic year (July 2018-June 2019) for two current CPSDA student members studying to become a sports dietitian in an undergraduate academic or dietetic internship program or graduate academic program. The scholarships will be awarded to two individuals – one undergraduate and one graduate – who exemplify all that it takes to be a sports dietitian.
The application period for 2018-2019 scholarships are open until Friday, February 9, 2018.
Scholarship criteria includes:
Leadership and community service
- Nutrition-related experience
- Paid or unpaid work experience
- Sports nutrition mission statement explaining your vision of the future of sports nutrition
Questions? Contact Amy Freel, Executive Director at [email protected] or (812) 369-4393.