The Muscle Milk “Athlete of the Year” Award recognizes one male and one female collegiate, Olympic, professional or tactical (military, police or fire) athlete whose athletic accomplishments, in the opinion of the sports dietitian, reflect dedication to sports nutrition. The two nominating sports dietitians whose athletes are selected will be recognized at the CPSDA’s 10th Annual Conference Awards Banquet in Indianapolis, Indiana.
CPSDA members can nominate one or more athletes who represent the very best of performance nutrition:
- Used sports nutrition to help overcome a health or performance hurdle.
- Taught you nearly as much as they learned from you.
- Inspired how you deliver sports nutrition to benefit others.
- Impacted the sports nutrition culture of those around them.
- Used sports nutrition as a turning point to meet performance goals.
- Made a simple change (eating breakfast regularly, carrying a water bottle, improving sleep patterns) that resulted in improved performance.
- Used a food-first approach while learning to wisely choose third-party tested dietary supplements.
Within the letter of recommendation, please include:
- A description of the athlete’s performance nutrition journey.
- What you learned and how you were affected by working with this athlete.
- How the athlete changed the performance nutrition behavior of those around him/her.
- Special qualities the athlete possesses.
Nominations must be received no later than midnight EST on Friday, February 9, 2018.
Questions? Contact CPSDA Scholarship and Awards Chair Christopher Halagarda, MS, RD, CSSD, CSCS at [email protected].