The Sports Nutrition Immersion Program matches sports dietitians with CPSDA student and associate members who are interested in gaining practical hands-on experience. The 2018 program will provide 10 paid internships, each for a minimum of four months and a maximum of eight months.
To be considered as a host-site, interested sports dietitians must meet the following requirements:
- CPSDA professional-member in good standing.
- Host site has not hosted a SNIP fellow for the past two consecutive years (2016 & 2017).
- Full-time employment as a lead sports dietitian for a collegiate or professional sports team or sports academy, employed within current role for at least a full calendar year before applications are due.
- Must send a letter of support from a supervisor emphasizing and describing your abilities to host and mentor a SNIP Fellow to Amy Culp ([email protected]) and Mary Ellen Kelly ([email protected])
- Ability to attend a multi-day orientation meeting in mid-June 2018. Participating sports dietitians will receive a $1,000 honorarium for participation in the kick-off meeting. All travel arrangements will be coordinated and paid for by Gatorade. Attendance is mandatory for site selection.
Review the 2018 Host-Site Application Guide for mentor expectations and requirements, site expectations and additional information on the selection process.
Complete the application fields below to apply. Applications are due by midnight EST on December 29, 2017.